jsr236-experts@concurrency-ee-spec.java.net

[jsr236-experts] Re: New ContextService API proposal from JSR 359 spec lead

From: Binod <binod.pg_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 21:14:12 +0530

On Tuesday 12 February 2013 06:25 PM, frowe_at_us.ibm.com wrote:
> I agree with David that unless there is some other usercase which
> cannot be addressed by storing info (like ContextHints) on the
> Runnable, the additional API is not necessary.
I think, the usecase has come down to the following question.

When a task is submitted, is it possible for ManagedExecutorService
to handover the task to a container (eg: SIP container) for executing
the task?

The container may choose to enforce certain locking semantics based on
some additional contextual information (like the SipApplicationSession)

What would be the recommendation from
this EG for achieving the same?

thanks,
Binod.