jsr236-experts@concurrency-ee-spec.java.net

[jsr236-experts] Comment on public draft of JSR-236

From: Frederick W Rowe <frowe_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 07:45:49 -0500

Although we added text to section 4. Managed Object to indicate it's
optionality, I don't think it is very clearly stated. Currently, the
section reads:

4. Managed Object
This specification extends the Java EE Management Model specification
(JSR-77) by defining the format and
semantics of the managed objects required by all compliant implementations
of this specification.
Java EE Product Providers are not required to provide managed objects as
described in this section.

I think the last sentence of the paragraph should be made the first
sentence, and the following text modified thusly:

4. Managed Objects
Java EE Product Providers are not required to provide managed objects as
described in this section.
If a provider chooses to implement them, the format and semantics defined
in this section (which is an
extension of the Java EE Management Model specification (JSR-77)), must be
implemented by a compliant implementation of this specification.
Server-managed ManagedExecutorService and ManagedScheduledExecutorService
instances may provide
management capabilities as defined in this specification. The intent is to
allow operators and administrators to
monitor and identify problems.

Regards,

Fred Rowe