users@javamail.java.net

JavaMail 1.6 release update

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 15:02:56 -0800

I'm starting to wind down the work on JavaMail for the 1.6 release.
The JavaMail 1.6 API changes are described here:

https://java.net/projects/javamail/sources/mercurial/content/doc/spec/JavaMail-1.6-changes.txt

A JCP Maintenance Review will be submitted for these changes.
Feedback is encouraged.

The bugs fixed in JavaMail 1.6 are described here:

https://java.net/projects/javamail/sources/mercurial/content/doc/release/CHANGES.txt

I plan to publish a "release candidate" in the next month.
Until then, a SNAPSHOT release is available as described here:
https://java.net/projects/javamail/pages/Home#Development_Releases

The JavaMail 1.6 release is synchronized with the release of Java EE 8,
which is currently planned for July 2017. The JavaMail 1.6 release will
be available some time before that, probably June 2017.

        Bill