users@javamail.java.net

multiple 'Re: ' prefixed in replies

From: <xoot123_at_yahoo.it>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 13:55:41 +0100 (BST)

Hello,
when I receive an email whose subject has accented letters (i.e. "ripròva") the first reply shows the subject "Re: ripròva", but the next reply to the latter shows "Re: Re: ripròva", adding another prefix.
This is because in the actual email text the subject header is like "Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?Re:_ripr=C3=B2va?=", so I guess that the existing "Re: " isn't detected by Javamail and another one is prefixed.

When the subject is shown in the application it looks fine, so the utf-8 encoding is properly decoded.

Is this something that can be fixed with a JavaMail parameter? Should I manipulate somehow the subject before invoking reply()?

Regards
M. R.