users@javamail.java.net

copyuid response when copying messages

From: <xoot123_at_yahoo.it>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 16:39:47 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
In my application I have additional informations linked to the emails  get from IMAP servers (namely tags); when I move a message between two folders, I need to bring those information on to the message in the destination folder (which the application will be aware of when syncing with the server).

Actually, I'm using copyMessages() to move the emails from folder A to folder B. Reading from the rfc, I see that the COPY command, on servers that support the UIDPLUS extension, will return the message UIDs in the new folder; this information would allow me to maintain the relation between the tags and the messages.

But from what I can see from the manual (and please correct me if I'm wrong), there's no way to get those UIDs from JavaMail.

What can I do to make this work with the current JavaMail version (I'm using 1.5)?

Regards
M. R.