users@javamail.java.net

JavaMail 1.4.5 Release Candidate is available

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 17:35:44 -0800

A "release candidate" version of JavaMail 1.4.5 is now available.
We hope to release the final version of JavaMail 1.4.5 within several
weeks. No changes are planned from the release candidate version,
but this is your chance to try it out and let us know if there are
any critical bugs we've missed.

The 1.4.5 release contains several bug fixes and enhancements,
including the following significant changes:

- SOCKS5 support (requires JDK 1.5 or newer)
- authentication information (e.g., passwords) is no longer included
   in debug output by default

The full list of changes is in the file CHANGES.txt, viewable in the
source code repository here:
http://kenai.com/projects/javamail/sources/mercurial/content/doc/release/CHANGES.txt?rev=425

Note that starting with the previous release we've adopted a new Maven naming
approach. The new approach is described here:
http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/Maven+Versioning+Rules
As a result the Maven group and artifact IDs for the main JavaMail
implementation are now com.sun.mail:javax.mail, and the main jar
file is named "javax.mail.jar".

The JavaMail javax.mail-1.4.5-rc1.jar file is available in the java.net
Maven Repository (https://maven2-repository.java.net/) starting here:
https://maven.java.net/content/repositories/public/com/sun/mail/javax.mail/
It also should be available from the Maven Central repository soon.

You'll find the source code for this version in the Mercurial repository
of the JavaMail project on Kenai:
http://kenai.com/projects/javamail

Please send feedback to javamail_ww_at_oracle.com.

Enjoy!

        The JavaMail Team