users@javamail.java.net

JavaMail 1.4.4 Final release

From: <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 21:02:26 +0000 (GMT)

I'm happy to announce the final release of JavaMail 1.4.4!
You'll find the release at
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javamail/

The 1.4.4 release contains several bug fixes and enhancements,
including the following significant changes:

- Ability to cache POP3 messages on disk.
- In-memory POP3 message cache now uses soft references.
- NTLM authentication support is now integrated, no longer need
jcifs.jar.
- SASL authentication support for SMTP.
- New demo classes showing how to handle old non-MIME Outlook messages.

The full list of changes is in the file CHANGES.txt included in the
release zip file and viewable at
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javaee/changes-220864.txt

Note that starting with this release we've adopted a new Maven naming
approach. The new approach is described here:
http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/Maven+Versioning+Rules
As a result the Maven group and artifact IDs for the main JavaMail
implementation are now com.sun.mail/javax.mail, and the main jar
file is named "javax.mail.jar".

The JavaMail javax.mail.jar file is available in the java.net Maven
Repository (https://maven2-repository.dev.java.net/) starting here:
http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/mail/javax.mail/

You'll find the source code for this version in the Mercurial
repository
and in the Downloads section of the JavaMail project on Kenai:

http://kenai.com/projects/javamail

Please send feedback to javamail_ww_at_oracle.com.

Enjoy!

        The JavaMail Team