Privacy Statement Template
Last Updated 09.28.03
A privacy page is a page template that shows a company's privacy statement. The privacy statement usually describes the company's policy in handling of private information, such as confidential customer data.
NOTE: Oracle provides content for privacy statement pages only when Oracle hosts the the product. We do not supply this content to customers.
If the privacy page template becomes necessary, the customer will need to develop the privacy content themselves.
Spec Version # - 3.1
Spec Contributors - Betsy Nute
UI Models - all models
Example Products - all products
Related Guidelines - Page Templates,
HTML Frame Options, Intra-Application
Navigation, Tabs (Level 1), Buttons
(Global), About Application Template,
Interaction and Usage Specifications
Typical Interaction Notes
- A privacy page is a page template that shows a company's privacy statement., and usually contains information about the company's policy in handling of private information, such as confidential customer data.
- An application may or may not require a privacy statement page.
- Oracle provides privacy statement content ONLY FOR IT'S HOSTED APPLICATIONS. For non-Oracle customer hosted apps, the customer will need to develop their own privacy content.
- For information regarding privacy statements contact Oracle Legal Department.
For Oracle's privacy statement content, each statement is written specifically for the product. Contact the Department for more information.
- The Privacy Statement page is accessed from the page footer of all application pages, at the right side and below the ski.
- If a Privacy Statement page exists for the application, then its access link
is persistent throughout all the page footers of the entire application.
Please refer to the Page Footer
guideline for additional visual examples.
Example of a Privacy Statement Page Link in a Page Footer
Example of a Privacy Statement Template