About Page Template
An About Application Page is a page that shows application version and repeated or additional
Spec Version # - 3.1
Spec Contributors - Betsy Beier, Lisa Serface, Raymond Wong, Ivy Leung
UI Models - all models
Example Products - all products
Related Guidelines - Page Templates, HTML Frame Options, Intra-Application
Navigation, Tabs (Level 1), Buttons
(Global), Privacy Statement,
Interaction and Usage Specifications
Typical Interaction Notes
- An About Page page typically shows 3 levels of information about the definition of the current application page that the user is on:
- User Information - This includes the User Name, User ID, Responsibility, Language and Region.
- Product Information - This is a manadatory section when About Page is accessed although the contents presented can be different. It should include Application Name and Versions, and the Database and Technology Stack Information, if applicable.
- Page Information - This includes the technology references and information about personalizations of the current page, if any.
- Other information that aid Support in replicating and resolving problems may be included on the About Page page as well.
- Copyright Information is a manadatory section when the About Page is accessed. It may include any addtional or repeated copyright information. The About Page copyright content, "Copyright [year], Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Oracle is a
registered trademark of Oracle Corporation. Warning: Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this program, or any portion
of it, is subject to civil and criminal penalties." is legal content developed by the Oracle Legal Department. For more
information, see the copyright section of the internal Oracle Legal Web Site, or
contact Oracle Legal for more information.
- When applicable, refer to Oracle and third party trademarked products within the About Page.
- Oracle internal developers can see full details on use of Oracle trademarks at the Oracle Legal Web Site.
- Third party trade marks only need to be referenced if Oracle has a contractual obligation to do so (unusual). In this case
refer to the contract with the third party for details.
- An application may or may not require an About Page. The "About" link renders automatically for all OA Framework pages if the Diagnostics or Administrator Personalization features are enabled. For all other applications that are not built with OA Framework, the "About" link may also be displayed in the application. When presented, the link should be persistent throughout all the page footers of the entire application.
- A page level "Generate Support File" button is presented to allow user to send an e-mail to the technical support with all the information contained in the e-mail.
Note: The complete interaction and UI "Generate Support File" feature is still being developed as of 20-Jan-2004.
- The About Page is accessed from the page footer of all application pages, at the left side and below the
- The About Page is a global feature in an application. When available, an "About" link should be presented in the page footer of every page in the application. Please refer to the Page Footer guideline
for additional visual examples.
- The About Page contains information that is specific to each application page.
- The About Application page has a "Return to 'X'" link (located below the Page Content Bottom Line).
When selected, the link takes the user back to the location from which
this page was accessed (e.g. Return to Update
Employees). Refer to the Buttons (as
Links) guideline for further details.
- From the About Page, the user can also navigate away by using the tabs and horizontal menus. In this case, the user will go to the root page of that tab and/or horizontal menu.
Example of an About Page Link in a Page Footer
Example of an About Page Template