Note: This is an archival copy of Security Sun Alert 272909 as previously published on http://sunsolve.sun.com.|
Latest version of this security advisory is available from http://support.oracle.com as Sun Alert 1021645.1.
Date of Resolved Release
Multiple Security Vulnerabilities in Firefox Versions Before 3.5.5 May Allow Execution of Arbitrary Code or Unauthorized Access to Certain Data
The following Mozilla advisories describe the vulnerabilities:
MFSA 2009-64 at http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2009/mfsa2009-64.html
MFSA 2009-63 at http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2009/mfsa2009-63.html
MFSA 2009-62 at http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2009/mfsa2009-62.html
MFSA 2009-61 at http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2009/mfsa2009-61.html
MFSA 2009-59 at http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2009/mfsa2009-59.html
MFSA 2009-57 at http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2009/mfsa2009-57.html
MFSA 2009-56 at http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2009/mfsa2009-56.html
MFSA 2009-55 at http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2009/mfsa2009-55.html
MFSA 2009-54 at http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2009/mfsa2009-54.html
MFSA 2009-53 at http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2009/mfsa2009-53.html
MFSA 2009-52 at http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2009/mfsa2009-52.html
The following are the CVE identifiers that pertain to these security issues:
CVE-2009-3383 at http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-3383
CVE-2009-3382 at http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-3382
CVE-2009-3381 at http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-3381
CVE-2009-3380 at http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-3380
CVE-2009-3379 at http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-3379
CVE-2009-3378 at http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-3378
CVE-2009-3377 at http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-3377
CVE-2009-3376 at http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-3376
CVE-2009-3375 at http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-3375
CVE-2009-1563 at http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-1563
CVE-2009-3374 at http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-3374
CVE-2009-3373 at http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-3373
CVE-2009-3372 at http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-3372
CVE-2009-3371 at http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-3371
CVE-2009-3274 at http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-3274
CVE-2009-3370 at http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2009-3370
2. Contributing Factors
These issues can occur in the following releases:
1. Mozilla "Web Workers" was introduced in Firefox 3.5, so the issue described in MFSA2009-54 does not affect Firefox releases
prior to 3.5. Therefore, only OpenSolaris builds snv_119 and
later are impacted by this issue.
2. Audio and video capabilities were added to Firefox 3.5, so the issue described in MFSA2009-63 does not affect Firefox releases prior to 3.5. Therefore, only OpenSolaris builds snv_119 and later are impacted by this issue.
3. MFSA-2009-61 does not affect products based on the older Gecko 1.8 engine such as Firefox 2.
4. Solaris 8 and 9 do not include Firefox and therefore are not impacted by these issues. Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris prior to snv_95 do not ship Firefox 3.x, but the Firefox version 2.x that is included may be impacted, in which case a separate Sun Alert describing the resolution for Solaris 10 will be published.
5. OpenSolaris distributions may include additional bug fixes above and beyond the build from which it was derived. The base build can be derived as follows:
$ uname -v3. Symptoms
There are no predictable symptoms that would indicate the described issues have been exploited.
1. Open the "Preferences" dialog from the Edit menu
2. Select the "Content" tab
These issues are addressed in the following releases:
Copyright 2000-2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc., 4150 Network Circle, Santa Clara, CA 95054 U.S.A. All rights reserved.
This solution has no attachment