Note: This is an archival copy of Security Sun Alert 234822 as previously published on http://sunsolve.sun.com.|
Latest version of this security advisory is available from http://support.oracle.com as Sun Alert 1019100.1.
Sun Grid Engine 6.1
Date of Resolved Release
Security Vulnerability in The N1 Grid Engine 6.1 Qmaster Daemon (See below for details)
1. ImpactA security vulnerability in the Qmaster daemon shipped with N1 Grid Engine 6.1, may allow a local unprivileged user to crash the Qmaster daemon and thereby cause a Denial of Service (DoS) condition.
2. Contributing FactorsThis issue can occur in the following releases:
To determine the version of N1 Grid Engine installed on a system, the "-help" option can be used:
$ qconf -help | head -1
3. SymptomsThere are no predictable symptoms that would indicate the described issue has been exploited.
4. WorkaroundThere is no workaround for this issue. Please see the "Resolution" section below.
5. ResolutionThe issue is addressed in the following releases:
Copyright 2000-2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc., 4150 Network Circle, Santa Clara, CA 95054 U.S.A. All rights reserved.
28-Apr-2008: Updated Resolution section to add link for Security Technical Instruction doc
This solution has no attachment