Note: This is an archival copy of Security Sun Alert 233561 as previously published on http://sunsolve.sun.com.|
Latest version of this security advisory is available from http://support.oracle.com as Sun Alert 1019033.1.
Date of Resolved Release
Cross Site Scripting (XSS) Vulnerability in Sun Java Server Faces (JSF) Input Handling Routines May Lead to Elevation of Privileges
1. ImpactA Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Sun Java Server Faces (JSF) input handling routines may allow a local or remote unprivileged user to elevate privileges and execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the user running the JSF based web application.
2. Contributing FactorsThis issue can occur in the following release for all platforms:
3. SymptomsThere are no predictable symptoms that would indicate the described issue has occurred.
4. WorkaroundThere is no workaround for this issue. Please see the Resolution section below.
5. ResolutionThis issue is addressed in the following release for all platforms:
For more information on Security Sun Alerts, see 1009886.1.
Copyright 2000-2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc., 4150 Network Circle, Santa Clara, CA 95054 U.S.A. All rights reserved.
28-Apr-2008: Updated Resolution section to add link for Security Technical Instruction doc
Sun Java Standard Edition (Java SE)
This solution has no attachment