2. Contributing Factors
This issue can occur in the following releases:
- Solaris 9 without patch 115553-29
- Solaris 10 without patch 123402-01
- Solaris 9 without patch 115554-25
- Solaris 10 without patch 123403-01
Note: Solaris 8 is not impacted by this issue.
$ isainfo -bThis issue only affects systems which have a USB mouse connected. To determine if a USB mouse is connected to the system, the following command can be run:
$ cfgadm | grep usb-mouse || echo "System not impacted"
If the described issue occurs, the system may panic with a panic string similar to the following:
BAD TRAP: type=e (#pf Page fault) rp=fffffe8000a4a970 addr=100000027
occurred in module "genunix" due to an illegal access to a user address
And a stack trace similar to the following:
There is no workaround for this
issue. Please see the Resolution section below.
This issue is addressed in the following releases:
- Solaris 9 with patch 115553-29 or later
- Solaris 10 with patch 123402-01 or later
- Solaris 9 with patch 115554-25 or later
- Solaris 10 with patch 123403-01 or later
Copyright 2000-2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc., 4150 Network Circle, Santa Clara, CA 95054 U.S.A. All rights reserved.