dev@jsr311.java.net

EntityProviders

From: Stefan Tilkov <stefan.tilkov_at_innoq.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 17:02:57 +0100

My apologies if my questions are only due to ignorance on the part of
generics ... my days of routinely writing Java code were pre-Java 5.

1. There is no way to implement EntityProvider<T> multiple times (for
different values of T) within a single class. So if I have a set of
related classes I'd like to map e.g. to a single XML vocabulary, I
have to create as many EntityProviders as I have classes. Right?

2. There is no way to have two different EntityProviders for the same
class (e.g. for different MIME types), which means one has to resort
to if-else-if-chains on
the mediaType parameter. Correct?

Thanks,
Stefan