users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 3.1.1 https-listener for a cluster not working

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 10:21:48 -0600 (CST)

Hi All,

I have a cluster and an instance created with the default http-listener-1 and
http-listener-2 under Configurations->My-cluster-config->Network
Config->Network Listeners.

Below are the configurations of http-listener-2

Name: http-listener-2 Protocol: http-listener-2 [1] Status: Enabled Security:
Enabled JK Listener: Enabled If selected, listener is an Apache mod-jk
listener   Port: The port on which the network listener is listening
Address: The IP address on which the network listener is listening
Transport: tcp [2] Thread Pool: The thread pool associated
Note: HTTP_SSL_LISTENER_PORT=28181 which is defined
Clusters->My-cluster->Properties

SSL3: Enabled TLS: Enabled Client Authentication: Enabled Requires the client
to authenticate itself to the server.   Certificate NickName: Takes a
single value, identifies the server's keypair and certificate.   Key Store:
Name of the keystore file (for example, keystore.jks)   Trust Algorithm:
Name of the trust management algorithm (for example, PKIX) to use for
certification path validation   Max Certificate Length: Maximum number of
non-self-issued intermediate certificates that can exist in a certification
path (valid only if Trust Algorithm is PKIX)   Trust Store: Name of the
truststore file (for example, cacerts.jks)

I have an application deployed and when I click "Launch" link from
Applications->my-app, I can see the following two links:

http://xxx.yyy.com:28080/my-app   (works fine)
https://xxx.yyy.com:28181/my-app  (doesn't work -- the message in Firefox is
"the connection has timed out. The server at xxx.yyy.com is taking too long
to respond."  No message shows up in server.log)

I replaced "${HTTP_SSL_LISTENER_PORT}" by "28181" directly in
Configurations->My-cluster-config->Network Config->Network Listeners->Port,
restarted domain, cluster and instance, the 28181 link is still not working.

I also tried to create aonther http-listener for https with a different port,
it is not working either.

Any help will be appreciated!

[1]
https://cygnus.soleocommunications.com:4848/web/grizzly/protocolEdit.jsf?name=http-listener-2&amp;configName=access-manager-cluster-config