persistence@glassfish.java.net

Questions on Toplink 4 Deployment

From: sugandha agarwal <agarwal.sugandha_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 11:56:28 -0500

I have an application which uses toplink 4.0 to connect to Oracle DB.

My requirement it to fetch few columns in View from existing table.

We use weblogic (jsp pages) as front end and corba as back end.

1. We see some descriptors xml files. How are they generated? If they
are already generated, Can we modify them to add new colums.

2. Where are these descriptor XML present? E.g. jar, properties file
etc.Basically how can I deploy the modified top link code to unix box.

3. Is the descriptor xmls geenrated at run time.If yes , can we modify
them to be read at run time.

Plz help me to understand the answers to these questions.

rgds,
Sugandha